Apply for a Helping Hand Mini Grant
Contact for Apply for a Helping Hand Mini Grant
The Massachusetts Rural Transit Assistance Program (MArtap)
The Details of Apply for a Helping Hand Mini Grant
What you need for Apply for a Helping Hand Mini Grant
Mini Grants must be directly related to the agency’s transportation program and may include:
- Computer hardware and software, both new and upgrades
- Fax machines, copy machines, printers, scanners, all in one machines
- Marketing and promotional materials including web page design and setup
- Driver recruitment campaigns
- Community surveys on transportation needs, postage excluded
- Tools that enhance passenger security
- Accessory equipment for vehicles including but not limited to tie-downs, tires, GPS, additional seats, wheelchairs, etc.
- Cell phones, pagers, and monthly fees
- Other operational expenses such as salaries, rents, leases
How to apply Apply for a Helping Hand Mini Grant
You will be required to submit two (2) quotes for the items you intend to purchase and the 10% local match commitment letter along with your application. Quotes may include prices listed off a website. If you need assistance obtaining quotes or would like to apply for funding for something that has not been identified in the eligible uses, please contact us.
For some items (such as computers, office equipment, tools and accessory equipment), MArtap encourages you to use statewide contracts.
More info for Apply for a Helping Hand Mini Grant
- $1000 maximum award with a 10 percent, local match for a $1100 purchase