Board of Registration of Massage Therapy
The Details of Apply for a Massage Therapy License
What you need for Apply for a Massage Therapy License
- A sealed envelope with your official transcript from your Massage Therapy program.
- A 2x2 passport style photo.
- A complete list of your clock hours. This can be done on the application. If your program is noted in Credit Hours, you will need your school to write a complete breakdown of the programs Clock Hours on letter head.
- Two signed letters of reference. One letter must be from an employer in the field, and the other may be from an unrelated person.
- A Copy of the insurance policy declaration page, along with the effective date of coverage.
- Proof that you have passed either the Massage or Bodywork Licensing Exam (MBLEx) or the National Certification Examination for Therapeutic Message and Bodywork (MCBTMB) if you will fall deficient of the 300-hour Massage Theory and Technique requirements. Candidates who think they may qualify, please refer to the current Curriculum Guidelines for more information.
- A CORI Acknowledgement Form
If you need further assistance with submitting an application, See this guide.
Fees for Apply for a Massage Therapy License
All fees are non-refundable.
|License Application Fee||$225||each|
How to apply Apply for a Massage Therapy License
You can upload all of the required documents and submit your application on ePlace. If you do not already have an account, start by making an account on ePlace to begin the application process.
Note that sealed transcripts can be uploaded if they are signed and stamped with official school seal.
Next steps for Apply for a Massage Therapy License
Once an application is processed, a certificate will be mailed to your address of record and your license information will appear on DOL's check a license page.
For any additional questions regarding your application submission, please email the board at Massagetherapy@mass.gov with the subject line "Assistance with online application submission".
More info for Apply for a Massage Therapy License
Once the Board has received all of the required documents and application, an email notification will be sent to you. If you are missing any documents, an email will be sent notifying you of the information that is still required.
Contact for Apply for a Massage Therapy License