Contact for Apply for an Appeals Court law clerk position
Contact for Appeals Court law clerk applicants
The Details of Apply for an Appeals Court law clerk position
What you need for Apply for an Appeals Court law clerk position
- The court has a centralized application process. Application materials must be submitted between August 1 and August 31, 2018. Persons interested in a clerkship may apply by submitting one set of the following materials:
- Cover letter
- Copy of a law school transcript
- Writing sample
- Completed application for employment (revised 6/16)
- Two or more letters of recommendation (letters from employers are preferred, they should be addressed to Cheryl Miranda, and they may be sent separately by the recommender). Letters of recommendation will be accepted through September 17, 2018. All other materials are due by August 31, 2018. Online applications are encouraged, and application materials with PDF attachments should be submitted to LCapplications@appct.state.ma.us.
How to apply Apply for an Appeals Court law clerk position
You must submit an Appeals Court Law Clerk Job Application (See Downloads below) in order to be considered for employment.
It may be completed in one of two ways:
1. Open the Application. Print and complete the application by using a black pen. Please print legibly and remember to sign the application.
2. Online, using Adobe Acrobat Reader:
a. Open the Application.
b. To begin filling out the application, click in the name box, above (last). You can then use the tab button on your keyboard to move to the next field(s).
c. Where there are boxes, click in the box to activate the check mark.
d. Once you complete the application in Adobe Reader, and before going any further, save a copy to your computer. If you sign with an electronic signature, you will not be able to make changes to the application.
At this point you can print the application and sign it or use an electronic signature to sign it. The signing party must use Adobe 8.0 or later.
e. To create an electronic signature and sign the application, follow these instructions:
i. Click on the signature box on page 5 of the application.
ii. Save a copy. Open the saved copy. Click on the signature box again.
iii. A box will open; choose the button next to "A new digital ID I want to create now". Click next.
iv. On the next screen, click the top button "New PKCS#12 digital ID file." Click next.
v. Complete the form with your information. Click next.
vi. Enter a password you will remember. Click Finish.
vii. Once your electronic signature is set up, you will be prompted to enter your password in a new screen.
viii. Once you click "Sign" it will prompt you to save the file again. Rename the file to include "signed" so it will be a separate document. (This will allow you to retain the unsigned document for future use and editing.)
Once completed, submit the application to LCapplications@appct.state.ma.us.
If an online application is not possible, one copy of the materials may be sent to:
Massachusetts Appeals Court
John Adams Courthouse
One Pemberton Square, Suite 3-500
Boston, MA 02108