Contact for Apply for an Appeals Court law clerk position
Contact for Appeals Court law clerk applicants
The Details of Apply for an Appeals Court law clerk position
What you need for Apply for an Appeals Court law clerk position
- The court has a centralized application process. Application materials must be submitted between August 1 and August 31, 2019. Persons interested in a clerkship may apply by submitting one set of the following materials:
- Cover letter
- Copy of a law school transcript
- Writing sample
- Completed Law Clerk Application for Employment (revised 6/16)
- Two or more letters of recommendation (letters from employers are preferred, they should be addressed to Cheryl Miranda, and they may be sent separately by the recommender). Letters of recommendation will be accepted through September 15, 2019. All other materials are due by August 31, 2019. Online applications are encouraged, and application materials with PDF attachments should be submitted to LCapplications@appct.state.ma.us.
How to apply Apply for an Appeals Court law clerk position
You must submit an Appeals Court Law Clerk Application for Employment (See link below under "Downloads.") in order to be considered for a clerkship.
It may be completed in one of two ways:
1. Open the Application. Print and complete the application by using a black pen. Please print legibly and remember to sign the application.
2. Online, using Adobe Acrobat Reader:
a. Open the Application. (See link below under "Downloads.")
b. Begin filling out the application. You can use the tab button on your keyboard to move to the next field(s).
c. Where there are boxes, click in the box to activate the check mark.
d. Once you complete the application, you must save a copy to your computer. Once you sign with an electronic signature, you will not be able to make changes to the application.
At this point you can either print the application and sign it, or use an electronic signature to sign it. For instructions on how to sign electronically, please click here.
Once completed, submit all application materials to LCapplications@appct.state.ma.us.
If an online application is not possible, one copy of the materials may be sent to:
Massachusetts Appeals Court
John Adams Courthouse
One Pemberton Square, Suite 3-500
Boston, MA 02108