- This page, Apply to Use CM at Risk, is offered by
- Office of the Inspector General
Apply to Use CM at Risk
Contact for Apply to Use CM at Risk
CM at-Risk or Design-Build Application Contact
The Details of Apply to Use CM at Risk
What you need for Apply to Use CM at Risk
Under M.G.L. c. 149A, § 4, the OIG will issue a Notice to Proceed when the public agency has demonstrated that:
- The public agency has authorization from its governing body to enter into a contract with a construction management at risk firm. The authorization shall include the results of any public vote if applicable.
- The public agency has the capacity, a plan and procedures in place and approved of by the governing body, where appropriate, to effectively procure and manage construction management at-risk services for the specific project and has retained the services of a qualified owner's project manager.
- The public agency has in place procedures to ensure fairness in competition, evaluation and reporting of results at every stage in the procurement process.
- The building project has an estimated construction value of $5,000,000 or more.
- The public agency has determined that the use of construction management at risk services is appropriate for the building project and states in writing the reasons for the determination.
Also, before submitting an application, the public agency must assign or hire an owner's project manager and procure the services of a designer. [M.G.L. c. 149A, § 3]
How to apply Apply to Use CM at Risk
Email one copy of the application to:
We prefer an electronic copy to be submitted online. However, optionally, you may submit one copy of the application to:
Office of the Inspector General-Chapter 149A Application
One Ashburton Place, Room 1311
Boston, MA 02108