Apply to use design-build
CM at-risk or design-build application
What you need
Under M.G.L. c. 149A, § 16, the OIG will issue a Notice to Proceed when the awarding authority has demonstrated that:
- The awarding authority has authorization from its governing body to enter into a contract for design-build. The authorization shall include the results of any public vote if applicable.
- The awarding authority has the capacity, a plan and procedures in place and approved of by the governing body, where appropriate, to effectively procure and manage a design-build entity for the specific project.
- The awarding authority has in place procedures to ensure fairness in competition, evaluation and reporting of results at every stage in the procurement process.
- The public works project has an estimated construction value of $5,000,000 or more.
- The awarding authority has determined that the use of design-build is appropriate for the public works project and states in writing the reasons for the determination.
How to apply
Email one copy of the application to:
Submit one copy of the application to:
Office of the Inspector General, One Ashburton Place, Room 1311, Boston, MA 02108