Certify an Agricultural Event
Contact for Certify an Agricultural Event
The Details of Certify an Agricultural Event
What you need for Certify an Agricultural Event
The applicant is the licensed farm-winery seeking to sell and sample at an agricultural event.
- Event information:
- Name of the event, address, website and phone number
- Start and end date of event, day of the week it occurs, time
- How the event promotes local agriculture, if applicable
- If the event is a fair, is there competitive agriculture?
- Name of the organization that runs/sponsors the event, if applicable.
- Event manager information:
- Name of the event manager(s), phone number, and email address
- On-site manager(s) resume or relevant credentials/training
- Plan depicting the premises and the specific location where the sale of wine will occur. A template is provided with the application form.
- List of vendors with brief descriptions for current year/season.
- Event operational guidelines for current year/season.
- Approval letter from event management including day, month and year of event. A template is provided with the application form
Do not forget to sign the application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
How to apply Certify an Agricultural Event
You can fill out the application, save as, and email along with all necessary attachments to Rebecca.Davidson@State.MA.US.
Or print and mail the application and all attachments to:
Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources
251 Causeway St., Suite 500
Boston, MA 02114
Next steps for Certify an Agricultural Event
If the event is certified by MDAR, submit approval to the local liquor/license control board where the event is located, along with the necessary application for obtaining a license to allow the sale of wine.