The Department’s mission is to help keep the Massachusetts’ food supply safe and secure, and to work to keep Massachusetts agriculture economically and environmentally sound.
Who we serve
We support, regulate and enhance the rich diversity of the Commonwealth’s agricultural community to promote economically and environmentally sound food safety and animal health measures, and fulfill agriculture’s role in energy conservation and production.
- MDAR Staff Directory
- The Farm and Market Report
- Public Records Request
- MDAR programs and services A-Z
- Massachusetts Agricultural Community Mental Health & Wellness Program
- Report Spotted Lanternfly
- Local Food Purchase Assistance Cooperative Agreement(LFPA) Program
- Self-identify as a Socially-Disadvantaged Farmer or Producer
- Animal Health Order - Temporary Ban of Poultry Exhibitions
- Massachusetts Farmland Action Plan
- Environmental Justice
- Food Security Infrastructure Grant Program