The Department’s mission is to cultivate a robust and equitable agricultural economy, promote a safe and resilient food system, and preserve a healthy environment for Massachusetts farmers, animals, and consumers.
Who we serve
We support, regulate and enhance the rich diversity of the Commonwealth’s agricultural community to promote economically and environmentally sound food safety and animal health measures, and fulfill agriculture’s role in energy conservation and production.
- Staff Directory
- Programs and Services A-Z
- The Farm and Market Report
- Environmental Justice
- Public Records Request
- Request a Translation of an MDAR Document
- Civil Rights and Non-discrimination Policy and Grievance Procedure
- Massachusetts Agricultural Community Mental Health & Wellness Program
- APR Program Review: Updates and Listening Sessions - April/May
- Recorded Webinar - Viability, Food Safety, and Environmental Grants for Farms – Fiscal Year 2024
- Report Spotted Lanternfly
- Local Food Purchase Assistance Cooperative Agreement(LFPA) Program
- Self-identify as a Socially-Disadvantaged Farmer or Producer
- Massachusetts Farmland Action Plan
Social media links
What would you like to do?
Pesticide Examination and Licensing Agricultural Grants and Financial Assistance Programs MassGrown Exchange Find Farms and Farmers Markets MDAR Boards and Commissions Agricultural Preservation Restriction (APR) Program