The Department’s mission is to help keep the Massachusetts’ food supply safe and secure, and to work to keep Massachusetts agriculture economically and environmentally sound.
Who we serve
We support, regulate and enhance the rich diversity of the Commonwealth’s agricultural community to promote economically and environmentally sound food safety and animal health measures, and fulfill agriculture’s role in energy conservation and production.
- MDAR Staff Directory
- The Farm and Market Report
- Public Records Request
- MDAR programs and services A-Z
- Animal Health Order - Temporary Ban of Poultry Exhibitions
- Massachusetts Farmland Action Plan
- Self-identify as a Socially-Disadvantaged Farmer or Producer
- Environmental Justice
- Local Food Purchase Assistance Cooperative Agreement(LFPA) Program
- Report Spotted Lanternfly
- Food Security Infrastructure Grant Program