Log in links for this page
- This page, File for a Tax Credit Online (WOTC), is offered by
- MassHire Department of Career Services
- Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development
File for a Tax Credit Online (WOTC)
WOTC Contact Information
The Details of File for a Tax Credit Online (WOTC)
What you need for File for a Tax Credit Online (WOTC)
The first step is pre-screening to determine eligibility. The job seeker or the employer must complete the following forms:
- Page 1 of IRS Form 8850, Pre-Screening Notice and Certification Request for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit, by the date of the job offer; and page 2 after the individual is hired. Employers can obtain copies of IRS 8850 by visiting www.irs.gov/form8850 or calling 1-800-829-3676.
- ETA Form 9061, Individual Characteristics Form, if the new hire has not been given an ETA Form 9062; OR ETA Form 9062, Conditional Certification Form, if provided to the job seeker by a Participating Agency, a SWA, or a Vocational Rehabilitation Agency. Employers can obtain copies of ETA 9061/9062 by visiting https://www.doleta.gov/business/incentives/opptax/how-to-file/.
The employer and the job seeker must sign IRS Form 8850, under penalty of perjury, attesting that the job seeker is a member of a target group. The employer then forwards the forms to the Department of Career Services no later than the 28th day after the job seeker begins work at the following address:
How to file File for a Tax Credit Online (WOTC)
File for a Tax Credit using the Massachusetts WOTC Online System.
Work Opportunity Tax Credit Unit
MassHire Department of Career Services
19 Staniford Street
Boston, MA 02114
More info for File for a Tax Credit Online (WOTC)
For more information and additional filing options (fax, email), contact the MassHire Department of Career Services at (617) 626-5353.