The mission of EOLWD is to create, operate and oversee effective and innovative statewide services to: protect worker rights, health, safety, wages and working conditions; insure against job-related injury; provide individuals and families with economic stability following job loss or injury and illness; level the playing field for responsible employers; develop a pipeline of skilled workers for current, emerging and future employers; and, maintain labor harmony between employees, employers, and labor unions.
Social media links
Workforce Training Overview
The Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development is Lauren E. Jones. Under her leadership, the secretariat works toward closing equity gaps experienced by the unemployed and underemployed and collaborates with employers, training partners, and community-focused groups on a regional strategy to train a more diverse workforce for careers in high-demand sectors.
Commonwealth Corporation (CommCorp)
CommCorp is a quasi-public agency that was established in 1996 and fosters workforce equity in Massachusetts by delivering innovative and collaborative professional development solutions that help diverse communities and employers succeed.
Department of Economic Research (DER) Equity Dashboards
Explore and compare economic information using interactive data dashboards from the Department of Economic Research.
At a Glance - Massachusetts Labor Market
News and Announcements
- Department of Unemployment Assistance
- Department of Economic Research
- MassHire Department of Career Services
- Department of Labor Standards
- Division of Apprentice Standards
- Department of Labor Relations
- Department of Industrial Accidents
- Department of Family and Medical Leave
- The Council on the Underground Economy (CUE)
- Paid Family and Medical Leave Benefits for Employees
- Employer's Introduction to Paid Family and Medical Leave
- Paid Family and Medical Leave (PFML) overview and benefits
- How to apply for Paid Family and Medical Leave (PFML)
- Paid Family and Medical Leave documents and forms for Massachusetts employees