HW 05, 14, 27: Hazardous Waste Transporter License, Renewal or Modification

MassDEP licensing ensures that a firm is competent to transport hazardous wastes. It includes assessment of insurance coverage, driver training, and emergency response procedures.

MassDEP Hazardous Waste Transporter Contact

The Details

How to apply

See details below.

Next steps

  1. Review the Instructions

    Guidance on how to prepare your initial or renewal application, or to modify your current license, including a completeness checklist.

  2. Complete the Application Form

  3. Obtain a Transmittal Form and Number

    A unique Transmittal Number is needed for each application you submit to MassDEP.

    Transmittal Form & Number for MassDEP Permit Application & Payment 

  4. Look Up the Application Fee

  5. Mail Your Application and Fee Payment

    Submit your application fee payment and a copy of your Transmittal Form to:

    Department of Environmental Protection
    P. O. Box 4062
    Boston, MA 02211

    HW 05 or HW 14 - Assemble the following materials in a three-ring binder:

    • Transmittal Form
    • Application Form (HW 05 or HW 14)
    • All specified attachments  

    HW 27 - Send only the form.

    Mail the license application/renewal binder or license modification form to:

    Business Compliance Division
    Hazardous Waste Transporter Program
    One Winter Street, 7th Floor
    Boston, MA 02108



Did you find the information you were looking for on this page? * required
We use your feedback to help us improve this site but we are not able to respond directly. Please do not include personal or contact information. If you need a response, please locate contact information elsewhere on this page or in the footer.
Tell us what you think