Boat, ATV, and Snowmobile Registration Bureau
What you need
- A completed Application for Duplicate Title form.
- A check or money order for $16.50 payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Your current title (if you still have it) should be included in your application.
Note: You can't use this application to update information or to change an exist title or lien. Please use the Registration and Titling Application (ELE #1) for those requests.
How to request
Once you have gathered the materials listed above (the application, payment, and old title if you still have it), mail them to:
Boat, Recreation Vehicle and Snowmobile Registration Bureau
251 Causeway Street
Boston, MA 02114
Bring then materials listed above (the application, payment, and old title if you still have it) to any of our 5 registration offices.
- If you find the original title after you receive a replacement for it, you must promptly turn in the original to the Director of Massachusetts Environmental Police.
- If you still have the title you want to replace (for example, if you are replacing it because it's unreadable), you must include it with your application.
- Your application fee may be waived if you do not receive your title in the mail within 45 days of the initial processing date. You must contact us no later than 45 days after the initial processing date.
- If your vessel is financed, please check with your lien holder (e.g. bank) first to see if they are in possession of your title.