Update on December 15, 2020
Scores will be released to candidates once everyone has taken both the written component and the ELPAT.
Update on November 4, 2020
The written component of the Municipal Firefighter examination has been announced.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Candidates will continue to be scheduled to take the physical component or Entry Level Physical Ability Test (ELPAT) at our testing facility in Hudson. Testing will continue through 2020.
• Approximately 2,500 candidates have taken the ELPAT and if you have not, you will receive a detailed Notice to Appear approximately 2 weeks before your scheduled ELPAT.
• Candidates who have successfully taken the ELPAT from August through October will be scheduled for the first round of written test dates later this month and will receive a detailed Notice to Appear for the written portion.
• Candidates who have successfully taken the ELPAT in November will be scheduled to take the written test on one of several dates in December.
• All remaining candidates will be scheduled to take the written test on one of several dates in January.
Please check your email for additional information.
Update on July 23, 2020
While the written component of the examination remains on hold, we are pleased to announce the start of the physical component of the examination, the Entry-Level Physical Ability Test (ELPAT).
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Testing will begin AUGUST 2020 and continue through the fall.
• Once you have been scheduled for a specific date and time, you will receive a detailed Notice to Appear approximately 2 weeks before your scheduled ELPAT.
Update on March 17, 2020
Due to the ongoing events surrounding the COVID-19, the 2020 Firefighter Examination remains postponed.
A new date for the written examination originally scheduled for Saturday, March 21, 2020 has not yet been determined.
When a new date has been determined, we will notify all candidates via email.
Additional information and updates will be posted here as they become available.
At this time, our plan is to administer this examination in the Summer 2020.
We apologize for this inconvenience and will continue to keep all candidates informed as new information becomes available.