Contact your local ADA Coordinator

Contact the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator for your city or town

Table of Contents

The ADA Coordinator is the person who:

  • coordinates a city or town's (municipality's) efforts to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and
  • handles disability access issues, like: processing reasonable modification requests and resolving complaints about disability-related barriers to municipal programs

Every city and town in Massachusetts is required to have someone fulfill these duties. In many communities, there may not be a specific person called "the ADA Coordinator". In some communities, the responsible person may be a department manager or an administrator. On this page, we use the term "ADA Coordinator" to mean the person fulfilling these duties, even if that is not their official title.

When to contact your local ADA Coordinator

You should contact your ADA Coordinator to:

  • Report a disability-related barrier that prevents you from accessing a municipal service or program
  • Request a reasonable accommodation or modification to participate in a municipal service or program
  • Request an auxiliary aid or modification so you can effectively communicate in municipal meetings, programs, and services
  • Ask questions about what your municipality offers people with disabilities
  • Offer feedback about disability-related issues

If you need a reasonable accommodation to equally access a city or town program, it can be helpful to contact the program organizer directly in addition to your local ADA Coordinator.

Find your local ADA Coordinator

The table below lists the most recent ADA Coordinator contact information we have on file for each municipality. It is listed in alphabetical order by city or town name.

Type your city or town name in the search bar to find your local ADA Coordinator’s contact information. If you don’t see your city or town listed, try searching the city or town website.

ADA Coordinators handle two types of requests. Make sure you are contacting the ADA Coordinator who can handle your request:

  • Title I ADA Coordinators handle accessibility requests and issues from municipal employees (people who work for the city or town)
  • Title II ADA Coordinators handle accessibility requests and issues from the general public

In most cities and towns, there is only one ADA Coordinator and they handle both types of requests.

If you are a municipal ADA Coordinator and the information in this table is missing or incorrect for your city or town, please update your contact information using our online form.

Last updated: March 26, 2024

Help Us Improve  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.