Add your phone to the fight to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
Enable MassNotify on your smartphone
MassNotify is currently in a pilot phase. The full functionality is available for a limited number of users in Massachusetts.
MassNotify is a new tool that works through smartphones, with a focus on privacy, to alert users who may have been exposed to COVID-19. You can enable MassNotify on your iPhone or Android device, and add another tool to our fight against the spread of COVID-19.
Table of Contents
MassNotify is a new service developed in partnership with Google and Apple to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- By opting in, your device will share anonymous codes with other MassNotify users using your phone’s Bluetooth.
- MassNotify codes contain no personal information or location data and are completely anonymous.
- If another user you’ve been near tests positive for COVID-19 within a 14-day period, you will be notified. If you test positive, you can easily and anonymously notify others to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Along with wearing masks and keeping a safe distance, MassNotify is another way to keep ourselves and our communities safe from the spread of COVID-19.
How to enable MassNotify on your phone
On an iPhone:
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down to Exposure Notifications
- Click “Turn on Exposure Notifications”
- Select United States
- Select Massachusetts
On an Android device:
- Go to the Google Play store
- Download the MassNotify app
If you’re having technical trouble with MassNotify, you can email our Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.