The Executive Office of Health and Human Services is the largest secretariat in state government and is comprised of 11 agencies and the MassHealth program. EOHHS seeks to promote the health, resilience, and independence of the nearly one in every three residents of the Commonwealth we serve. Our public health programs touch every community in the Commonwealth.
Who we serve
The Executive Office of Health and Human Services services directly touch the lives of nearly than 1 in 3 residents in the Commonwealth — some of our most vulnerable children, youth, adults, and elders. HHS provides access to medical and behavioral health care, substance misuse treatment, long term services and support, and nutritional and financial benefits to those with low incomes. We connect elders and individuals with disabilities with employment opportunities, housing, and supportive services. We steer troubled youth towards a more successful path and do everything possible to keep children in our child welfare system safe. We support individuals who are developmentally disabled, mentally ill, blind, deaf or hard of hearing.
EOHHS is the largest secretariat in state government and is comprised of 11 agencies in addition to the MassHealth program.
- Department of Public Health
- Massachusetts Department of Mental Health
- Department of Transitional Assistance
- Massachusetts Department of Children & Families
- Department of Developmental Services
- Department of Youth Services
- Massachusetts Commission for the Blind
- Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission
- Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Office for Refugees and Immigrants
- Executive Office of Elder Affairs
- Massachusetts Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program
What would you like to do?
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Massachusetts responds to the opioid epidemic
- SNAP benefits (formerly food stamps)
- Board of Registration in Nursing Resources
- Reporting Elder Abuse & Neglect
- EOHHS including MassHealth Public Records
- Executive Office for Health and Human Services (EOHHS) Data-Driven Performance
- Executive Office of Health and Human Services Budget
Click to learn more about your health care options, including MassHealth, or to visit the Massachusetts Health Connector.
Dedicated to caring for the children of the Commonwealth, these are the services that we provide.
Food & Cash Assistance
Massachusetts empowers low-income individuals and families to meet their basic needs and achieve economic self-sufficiency. The Commonwealth and the federal government provide a combination of food, financial, and job support to reach these goals.
Mental Health & Substance Misuse
Massachusetts provides services and information to help individuals and families in need of mental health assistance or substance misuse counseling.
Health and Human Services' resources to improve the quality of life of families in the Commonwealth.
- Request an interpreter
- Elder In-Home Services
- Nutrition Program for Seniors
- Services for Children and Youth with Special Health Needs
- Massachusetts Substance Use Helpline
- Refugee Employment Services (RES)
- Citizenship for New Americans Program (CNAP)
- Check a Physician Profile - FindMyDoctor.mass.gov
- Submit a Complaint to BORIM
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- MRC Assistive Technology Services
- Disability Benefits
- Assistive technology for the blind
- Rehabilitation teaching (vision rehabilitation therapy)
- Orientation and mobility
- Find an area DCF office
- DYS contact numbers for central & regional offices
EOHHS Commissions & Initiatives
Learn more about the Executive Office of Health & Human Services commissions that are examining important issues pertaining to the Commonwealth.
- Taxonomy Commission
- Harm Reduction Commission
- Recovery Coach Commission
- The Special Commission to Study Pancreatic Cancer
- Community Behavioral Health Promotion and Prevention Commission
- Autism Commission
- Section 35 Commission
- Interagency Council on Housing and Homelessness
- Governor’s Council to Address Aging in Massachusetts
- The Massachusetts Health Information Highway
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Olmstead Plan and Update
- EOHHS Quality Measure Alignment Taskforce
- Massachusetts Advisory Council on Alzheimer’s Disease and All Other Dementias
- Nursing Facility Task Force
- Out-of-Network Rate Recommendations
- Human Services and Home Health Workers Student Loan Repayment Board