Legal Authority: Chapter 102 of the acts of 2021
- $16,500,000 shall be made available for a loan repayment assistance program for human service workers and home health workers.
- Eligible program participants shall be employees who provide treatment, support or services to clients or their families through home-based and community-based human service organizations and home-based health service agencies in programs funded by the executive office of health and human services, the executive office of elder affairs, the department of housing and community development or the department of early education and care.
- Board Membership comprised of representatives from the human services sector:
- 3 persons to be appointed by the governor
- 2 persons to be appointed by the president of the senate
- 1 person to be appointed by the minority leader of the senate
- 2 persons to be appointed by the speaker of the house of representatives
- 1 person to be appointed by the minority leader of the house of representatives
- Council members are charged with developing recommendations on the criteria for the program including, but not limited to: (i) eligible workers; (ii) recipient income requirements; (iii) loan repayment assistance levels; and (iv) work commitments necessary for eligibility.
Annually, not later than June 30, the executive office shall provide a report to the house and senate committees on ways and means, the joint committee on health care financing and the joint committee on higher education, detailing expenditures from this item by service category and organization, including average loan repayment per worker.