Learn About Driver Training
The MArtap training curriculum is offered free of charge throughout the year and is designed to help rural and small urban transit providers meet all federal and state certification requirements.
Register for a scheduled training session
Complete a Driver Training Registration Form to sign up for a scheduled training session.
If the training is within 5 days and you have not received a response from MArtap, please call us.
If you require reasonable accommodation for an in-person or online training, please contact the training coordinator at email@example.com, at least two (2) business days prior to the training.
Request to host a Driver Training Session
To request hosting a training session, please complete a Request to Host a MArtap Driver Training Session. In-person driver training courses are free of cost to host. Hosting agencies are allowed to register a maximum of eight (8) of their own drivers per driver training course. If requesting the Accessible Lift Use & Passenger Securement training, at least one (1) accessible vehicle will need to be made available.
MArtap Driver Training - class guidelines
Each in-person driver training class must have a minimum of 8 attendees or the class may be canceled. Online webinar training classes must have a minimum of 10 attendees or the class may be canceled. Registrants for the online webinars must provide the email address that is the best form of direct contact; please do one of the following:
- If the registrant will be attending the webinar(s) via their own device, please provide their direct email address so that the webinar and subsequent examination links can be correctly sent to the registrant.
- If the registrant, or multiple registrants, will be attending the webinar(s) via an agency device, please provide one (1) agency email address that will host the webinar and please ensure that the registrant(s) have access to a computer to take the examination within the five calendar days following the webinar.
Upon confirmation of your registration, you will receive the necessary login information and other relevant class details via the GoToWebinar software. The GoTo Join Link can be used on up to three devices. For the examination, each attendee must use the SurveyMonkey link individually.
While it is recommended that registrants attend the webinar from a laptop or desktop computer to view the presentation slides, a call-in option will also be provided.
Any certificates earned from an online webinar training are valid for 1 year. Certificates for in-person training sessions are valid as follows:
- Passenger Assistance Training (PAT) – valid for 2 years
- Accessible Lift Use and Passenger Securement – valid for 2 years
- Defensive Driving – valid for 2 years
- Disability Awareness – valid for 3 years