MATCH Eligible Items
UPDATE: New program changes are going into effect for applications submitted on or after July 1, 2023. These changes include:
- Requests for eligible MATCH online purchases no longer need to meet item “Maximum Cost” limits. Instead, MATCH eligible items can be any cost as long as the item cost is within the eligible member’s allowable $5,500 MATCH support limit.
- New applications for MATCH assistance will have a 25-item limit total, up to the eligible member’s allowable $5,500 MATCH support maximum for a transition.
In general, the MATCH program provides eligible individuals with up to $5,500 to help with the following types of costs:
- Moving Costs (security deposits, first month's rent, moving expenses)
- Utilities (set-up fees and deposits, including money owed that needs to be repaid to start a new service)
- Furnishings (sheets, pillows, towels)
- Food Pantry and Cleaning Supplies
- Clothing (if no other resource is available)
- Cleaning and Pest Control
- Durable or Special Medical Equipment not approved by insurance
Funds cannot be used for recurring costs such as monthly rent or ongoing utility costs.
Items Covered by the MATCH Program
Below is a complete list of items that may be eligible for purchase through the MATCH program. Only those items listed below are eligible under the MATCH program. No additional items are allowable.
Effective July 1, 2023: For new applications, eligible individuals can request MATCH assistance for up to 25 items from the list below, totaling up to $5,500. Each individual item below can be of any cost, up to $5,500 total.
* Funds can only be used for arrears if needed arrears need to be repaid in order to start new service in the community-based housing.
Applying the 25-Item Limit
- EFT and check requests count toward the 20 allowed items. For example, an EFT request for payment of first month's rent and a payment for security deposit would count as two items of the 25 allowed.
- Multiple items that are a set/pack will be counted as a single item. For example, a pack of 12 socks or an 8-setting dish set packaged together and at the same exact URL address would count as one item of the 25 allowed.
- Items that allow for a “one-month supply” of pantry supplies, toiletries, or cleaning supplies will continue to count as a single item of the 25 allowed, with a maximum of 15 items counting toward a “one month supply.”
Visit MATCH Frequently Asked Questions for more information about eligible costs.
|Date published:||December 8, 2022|
|Last updated:||June 28, 2023|