Information and resources for municipal collectors.
Log in links for this page
- This page, Municipal Collections Training and Resources, is offered by
- Division of Local Services
Municipal Collections Training and Resources
Table of Contents
Delinquent Real Estate Taxes: Tax Taking Process
This DLS-hosted webinar provides an overview of the tax title process, best practices to follow, and how uncollected receivables affect free cash. Other topics covered include payment plans, tax enforcement policies, and the importance of communication throughout the tax taking process. The slides presented are also available here (PDF).
Guidance from DLS
Assessment and Waiver of Penalties Imposed for Dishonored Payments (BUL2017-4B) (PDF)
This Bulletin explains changes made by the Municipal Modernization Act in the statutes that govern the imposition and waiver of penalties for dishonored payments.
Revised Procedure: When a Real Estate Tax Lien is Continued (BUL2017-3) (PDF)
This Bulletin explains a change in the procedure for transferring to the taxes in litigation account outstanding taxes that are the subject of a recorded statement to continue the lien.
|Date published:||July 30, 2020|
|Last updated:||August 5, 2020|
- Municipal Finance Training and Resource Center
- Massachusetts Collectors & Treasurers Association (MCTA)
- Important dates and deadlines on the Municipal Calendar
- Guidelines, Opinions and Advisories from DLSLaw
- Reports relating to Property Tax Data and Statistics
- Division of Local Services' YouTube Channel