Order the audio of a Superior Court proceeding

Find out how to order the audio of a Superior Court proceeding depending on how old the case is.

Newer cases

For newer Superior Court cases, you should request a FTR (For The Record) recording. FTR audio recordings are available online for $10 or you can request a duplicate CD for $50.50.

If you want to listen to a court proceeding recorded by the FTR system, click this link to use their audio streaming service: https://app.fortherecord.com/. First-time users will need to create an account, provide credit card information, and pay $10 to access the audio recording online from your personal computer, smartphone, or tablet. The audio recording will be accessible online for 1 year.

If you want a duplicate CD to play on your personal computer, you’ll need to write a check payable to the "Commonwealth of Massachusetts" for $50.50 to give to the clerk of courts where your proceeding was held.

Older cases

For older Superior Court electronically recorded proceedings, you must file a motion with the court to ask for a duplicate audio recording. If the court allows the motion, the clerk who has the original audio recordings will give you a CD copy.

Contact   for Order the audio of a Superior Court proceeding


For more information, please contact the court nearest you. Superior Court locations 

Help Us Improve Mass.gov  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.