Grants & Loans
MassDEP and other organizations offer financial assistance that helps grow business and institutional recycling across Massachusetts.
- Recycling Business Development Grants
Helps Massachusetts recycling processors and manufacturers create sustainable markets for eligible materials.
From Other Organizations
- Closed Loop Fund
A social impact fund investing $100 million in business and municipal efforts to increase the recycling of products and packaging.
- Recycling Loan Fund
Provides loans of up to $500,000 to help Massachusetts businesses obtain the capital they need for recycling-related activities.
- Financial & Technical Assistance for Anaerobic Digestion Projects
Learn about grant, loan, and assistance programs that can help renewable energy developers build organics processing facilities.
RecyclingWorks in Massachusetts
RecyclingWorks is a MassDEP-supported technical assistance program that helps businesses and institutions across the state reduce waste generation and disposal, and maximize recycling, composting, and reuse.
- Maintains a searchable Find-a-Recycler database that your organization can use to connect with nearby recycling and composting service providers.
- Offers a how-to guide for improving your organization's waste reduction, recycling and composting programs.
- Provides guidance on recycling specific materials, including bottles and cans, cardboard, construction materials, electronics, fluorescent lamps, food waste, pallets, paper, and plastics.
Follow the links below to learn more.
WasteWise is a voluntary program - sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and MassDEP - that helps businesses and institutions take steps to reduce solid and hazardous wastes.
By joining WasteWise, your organization can:
- Participate in twice-yearly forums on waste reduction and recycling,
- Gain public recognition for successful waste reduction efforts,
- Network with other WasteWise member organizations,
- Use the WasteWise logo to promote your environmental efforts, and
- Receive technical assistance to implement its WasteWise strategies.
Follow the links below to learn more and sign up.
Reuse Marketplace is a free online surplus materials exchange serving the New England and Mid Atlantic states. While it is open to anyone who has unneeded items or can put them to good use, it was specifically designed to help businesses and institutions make connections.
By using Reuse Marketplace, your organization can:
- Save money on disposal,
- Acquire needed items at low or no cost,
- Meet sustainability and waste reduction goals,
- Earn credit toward Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) certification, and
- Boost its public profile.
Want to learn more? Follow the link below.