The Appeals Court maintains a mailing list of registered email addresses. Subscribers to the list receive general news from the court by email as described below. To register for the Appeals Court's mailing list, please navigate to the mailing list sign-up page.
Please note: To receive the emails in your inbox, please set your spam filter to allow emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. (As of February 14, 2024, the Appeals Court has completed the migration of the mailing list to the Constant Contact platform. Previously, list members received emails from the address email@example.com. Now, these emails will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.)
By registering, you will receive:
- The Review. The Review is a quarterly newsletter that connects the Appeals Court with the Appellate Bar by communicating important events and news related to policy, practice, and procedure in the court.
- Oral argument schedules. The Appeals Court sends an announcement each time it releases monthly oral argument schedules. The court also highlights any sitting scheduled away from the John Adams Courthouse, as part of the court's continuing outreach program.
- Amicus announcements. The Appeals Court periodically invites amicus ("friend of the court") briefs from parties not directly involved in a case, but that may have an interest or opinion about a case pending before the court.
- Rules changes. Amendments and proposals to amend rules of procedure, court rules, or standing orders applicable to practice in the court.
- Pilot programs. Information about new programs or initiatives designed to improve court practices or procedures.
- Court closures. Notification of court closures due to inclement weather.