The Baker-Polito Administration’s comprehensive plan to safely reopen the Massachusetts economy, get people back to work, and ease social restrictions while minimizing the health impacts of COVID-19.
CURRENT STATE: Phase IV, Step 1
Table of Contents
Learn more about Reopening Massachusetts
Latest Update (03/18/21): Baker-Polito Administration Announces Transition to Phase IV of Reopening Plan
General business guidance
Information to help businesses meet the self-certification requirement to reopen. All businesses must meet these requirements before reopening.
- COVID-19 control plan template – Template that satisfies the written control plan requirement for self-certification
- Compliance attestation poster – Poster that businesses are required to print, sign, and post in an area within the business premises that is visible to workers and visitors
- Employer and Worker posters – Posters that businesses can print and display within the business premises to describe the rules for maintaining social distancing, hygiene protocols, and cleaning and disinfecting
Sector-specific protocols and best practices
The Reopening Advisory Board
On April 28, Governor Baker announced the formation of the Reopening Advisory Board, chaired by Lieutenant Governor Karyn Polito and Secretary of Housing and Economic Development Mike Kennealy. The Board includes representatives from the business community, public health officials, and municipal leaders from across the Commonwealth. This group is charged with advising the Baker-Polito Administration on strategies to reopen the economy in phases based on health and safety metrics.
Reopening Press Releases:
- Baker-Polito Administration Extends Non-Essential Business Closures to May 18th, Announces Reopening Advisory Board
- Baker-Polito Administration Announces Four-Phase Approach to Reopening and Publishes Mandatory Workplace Safety Standards
- Reopening Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration Initiates Transition to First Phase of Four-Phase Approach
- Governor Baker, Lt. Governor Polito Highlight Workplace Implementation of New COVID-19 Safety Standards at Symmons Industries in Braintree
- Baker-Polito Administration Provides Update on Phase II of Reopening Plan, Releases Guidance for Restaurants and Lodging
- Governor Baker Issues Executive Order in Advance of Phase II
- Baker-Polito Administration Releases Detailed Guidelines for the Phased Reopening of Child Care, Camps and Summer Recreational Programs
- Baker-Polito Administration Initiates Transition to Second Phase of Four-Phase Approach
- Baker-Polito Administration Initiates Transition to Step Two of Second Phase of Four-Phase Approach
- Baker-Polito Administration Announces Updated Travel Guidelines to Support COVID-19 Response
- Reopening Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration Initiates Transition to Third Phase of Four-Phase Approach
- Baker-Polito Administration Announces Transition to Step II of Phase III for Lower Risk Communities Effective October 5th
- Baker-Polito Administration Announces Targeted Measures To Curb Rising COVID-19 Cases, Hospitalizations
- Baker-Polito Administration Announces Statewide Rollback to Phase Three, Step One, Additional Restrictions Effective December 13th
Thanks, your survey has been submitted to the Mass.gov team!
If you would like to continue helping us improve Mass.gov, join our user panel to test new features for the site.