MassDOT will actively seek public input through a variety of ways to inform the design process:
- public meetings
- Working Group meetings
- key stakeholder and community briefings
- information booths at City events
- the online comment form
- regular email updates
MassDOT will keep the public informed and seek feedback.
We want to hear from you!
We are using the latest public engagement technology on the Rourke Bridge Replacement Project.
The online comment tool allows you to:
- type in questions or feedback you have about the project
- use the mapping feature to let us know where your comment is about
- sign up for project updates
The tool will speed up sign-in at public meetings, allowing you to register yourself with the touch of a button on a provided tablet or your own smartphone.
The online comment tool will enable MassDOT to visualize and analyze feedback by location, topic, project support and other individual metrics to inform the effectiveness of the project's outreach.
Submit your comments using the Rourke Bridge Replacement Comment Form Sign up to receive project updates
Public meetings will be announced on this website and through the project email list. An anticipated schedule of public meetings and topics is below.
- Public meeting #1 – December 2020 – project update and listening session
- Public meeting #2 – Winter/Spring 2021 – alignment and bridge type
- Public meeting #3 – Summer 2021 – bridge cross section and intersections
Additional meetings and hearings will be scheduled, as needed, as the project moves forward.
A Working Group comprised of local and regional stakeholders and elected officials will meet regularly throughout the design phase. Working group meetings will be announced on this website and meeting materials will be posted on the Documents and Meeting Materials page.
Public and Legislative Liaison, MassDOT Government & Community Affairs
Boston, MA 02116