Inquire about the ETPL approval status: Email ETPL@MassMail.State.MA.US
Inquire about COURSE(S) approval status: For ITA course approvals contact the MassHire Workforce Board that you submitted the course(s) to for ITA approval. For Section 30 approval questions please contact Lee Glasser at Lee.Glasser@mass.gov. For Trade questions please call 617-626-6700.
TrainingPro is an online application that training providers must use if they wish to be included on the Massachusetts Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL). Three of the programs, the Individual Training Account (ITA), Trade Adjustment Act (TAA), and the Massachusetts Training Opportunities Program (TOP/Section 30) follow the same protocols unless otherwise noted within the WIOA ETPL Policy. The MassHire Department of Career Services (DCS) administers the application. Training providers must complete the following steps to apply for initial and subsequent eligibility:
To be on the Massachusetts ETPL, you MUST follow the following processes. You must resubmit to renew your application every Fiscal Year beginning or after June 1st.
Please make sure to review and update the following information:
- Provider Contact information including mailing and email addresses:
- One primary contact and at least one signatory contact are required.
- Please ensure that the primary contact information is up to date as all communications will be directed to the primary contact person only.
- Accredited/licensing agency and license information should be updated if necessary.
- Review, update and submit any course(s) that you would like to be considered for ITA, Section 30 and/or Trade re-approval.
Please note that course performance data must be within the previous two (2) years or later to be considered for approval.
For the providers that are not out of state ETPL, the Apprenticeship Sponsors, ABE, Public Schools, or recognized post-secondary credentials that are accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education, Inc. (NECHE) or the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) that accredits degree-granting colleges and universities in the North Central region of the United States, once received your application will be reviewed for compliance of the following:
- Valid Licensure, Accreditation or Exemption from Licensure
- No outstanding citations from the Office of the Attorney General, Fair Labor Practice or Consumer Protection Division within the prior 5 years
- No willful or repeat violations issued by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Active workers’ compensation insurance policy
- Certificates of good standing with DOR and DUA dated within 30 days.
- No State or Federal debarment
Once you have submitted your course(s) to one of the funding programs, MassHire DCS (MDCS) will review your application and notify you of the approval status or send you a non-compliance notice to submit additional required documents.
If you do not submit any course(s), MDCS will take no action on your provider approval.
Adding Student Data
Massachusetts is now required under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) to report outcomes on ALL students, both WIOA and non WIOA, who participate in a program of study approved by the MassHire Department of Career Services (MDCS) and listed on the Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL) as an ITA approved course.
To meet this requirement MDCS established an ‘Add Student Data’ portal that training providers must use to submit information on all students who enroll in each course on or after 7/1/2021 that the provider has listed on the ETPL. Additional detailed Information on the Portal and training videos are available on mass.gov at: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/new-etpl-federal-requirements-for-training-providers
MDCS will use the portal data to report credential attainments and to match employment wage information for each student in order to report employment and earnings data at an aggregate level on the annual federal performance report.