- Division of Professional Licensure
- Board of State Examiners of Plumbers and Gas Fitters
Boston, MA — The Board of State Examiners of Plumbers and Gas Fitters ("Board”) is pleased to announce a number of updates to its regulations, 248 CMR, effective April 30, 2021. Highlights of the updates include:
- 248 CMR 3.00: New rules for permits;
- 248 CMR 4.00: New definition of “Fuel Gas”;
- 248 CMR 5.00: Requirement that plastic piping used for ventilation be product accepted;
- 248 CMR 10.00: Elimination of lead requirements and a new limited allowance for certain plastic piping uses; and
- 248 CMR 11.00: A reduction of the experience requirements for journeyman licenses down to 4 years, and the elimination of age-based continuing education exemptions.
An unofficial copy of the revised regulations, as well as copies of the sections in effect prior to April 30, 2021, are available on the Board's Policies, Regulations, and Statutes webpage. A document outlining Frequently Asked Questions regarding the regulations is available as well.
Please note that official copies of the regulations may be obtained from the Massachusetts State Bookstore.