- Massachusetts Department of Transportation
Wilmington — The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is announcing that it will be implementing temporary overnight closures of the two right travel lanes on Interstate 93 southbound near exit 41 (Route 125) in Wilmington. The lanes will be closed during overnight hours from 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 20, to 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, February 21 to allow work crews to begin repairs to a damaged beam on the bridge carrying Route 125 over Interstate 93. Additional work to complete the repairs will be scheduled for a later date.
On February 10, 2021, an over-height trash hauler truck struck and damaged the northern fascia beam on the Route 125 Bridge over Interstate 93. Since that time, the right lane on Route 125 westbound on the bridge and the on-ramp from Route 125 to Interstate 93 southbound have been closed. These closures will remain in place until the repairs can be fully completed to the damaged beam.
Appropriate signage, law enforcement details, and advanced message boards will be in place to guide drivers through the work area.
Drivers who are traveling through the area should reduce speed and use caution.
For more information on traffic conditions, travelers are encouraged to:
- Dial 511 and select a route to hear real-time conditions.
- Visit www.mass511.com, a website that provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information, and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
- Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
- Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.