- Massachusetts Public Safety Broadband Office
The Executive Office of Public Safety and Security recently issued an opportunity for mobile broadband providers to respond to a Request for Quotation (RFQ) to provide Public Safety Wireless Broadband Data Services in Massachusetts. The RFQ was issued under the terms and conditions of Statewide Contract ITT46 Network Services. ITT46 is a statewide contract which can be used to purchase a wide array of voice, data, and cellular services.
All active ITT46 Network Service Category 3 providers of mobile communication services and devices were notified of the opportunity. Interested bidders will respond via the Commonwealth’s procurement system, COMMBUYS, using bid number BD-18-1044-EPS17-1044P-28361. Successful bidders will be added to a new ITT46 subcategory (3A) for Public Safety Wireless Broadband Data Services. This new subcategory can be used by municipal and state agencies to purchase public safety grade wireless data communication services for first responders and public safety officials throughout the Commonwealth.
Responding vendors are asked to demonstrate how their proposed data services meet the expectations for public safety grade broadband data communications. This includes demonstrating how their mobile data network achieves the following:
- Provides a comprehensive wireless data solution with a dedicated Public Safety Core
- Implements priority services and local control to assure first responders can communicate during emergencies
- Guarantees a high level of service availability
- Supports a wide range of public safety apps and features
- Is secure and protects data communications
Vendor responses are due in July with evaluations and contract awards to follow shortly. Once awards have been made, EOPSS will notify municipal, county, and state public safety agencies about the approved services and available rate plans.