MassDOT conducted a study to help pinpoint the technical and financial needs in relation to the existing gap limiting connectivity between the North and South Stations in Boston, connectivity that affects the MBTA and Amtrak commuter rail systems.
MassDOT’s Feasibility Reassessment:
- Identified a preferred alignment and associated right-of-way needs
- Confirmed or corrected engineering assumptions
- Updated potential order of magnitude costs
- Updated ridership estimates
- Examined potential service plans
- Examined potential project benefits