MassDOT is conducting a study that will help pinpoint the technical and financial needs in relation to the existing gap limiting connectivity between the North and South Stations in Boston, connectivity that affects the MBTA and Amtrak commuter rail systems.
MassDOT’s Feasibility Reassessment study must:
- Identify a preferred position and associated right-of-way needs
- Confirm or correct engineering assumptions
- Update potential order of costs
- Update ridership estimates
- Examine potential service plans
- Examine potential project benefits