- This Notice of Order shall become effective immediately upon service upon Adam J. Lynds.
- You or your authorized representative are required to file an Answer or otherwise respond, in writing, to the Allegations contained in this Notice of Order within twenty-one (21) days of the effective date of this Notice of Order, pursuant to the Standard Adjudicatory Rules of Practice and Procedure, 801 CMR 1.01 (6)(d).
- You have the right to request a hearing on this Notice of Order, as well as the right to be represented by counsel or other authorized representative, to call and examine witnesses, to introduce exhibits, to cross-examine witnesses who testify against you, and to present oral argument.
- Any such request for a hearing on this Notice of Order shall be in writing, signed by Adam J. Lynds or by his duly authorized representative, and shall be delivered either by hand or certified mail, return receipt request, to the Division of Banks, 1000 Washington Street, 10th Floor, Boston, MA 02118.
- Pursuant to the Standard Adjudicatory Rules of Practice and Procedure 801 CMR 1.01(6)(c), the request for a hearing on this Notice of Order shall state clearly and concisely:
a. why Adam J. Lynds should not be prohibited from any further actions, in any manner, as a mortgage loan originator, or should not be prohibited from being employed by, as an agent of, or operating on behalf of a mortgage loan originator or any other business which requires a license from the Commissioner;
b. why Adam J. Lynds should not be prohibited from applying for a Massachusetts mortgage loan originator license;
c. any other relief that Adam J. Lynds seeks relative to this Notice of Order.
- A hearing will be scheduled on this matter only upon receipt of a written request for such a hearing from Adam J. Lynds within twenty-one (21) days of service of this Notice of Order upon him. If Adam J. Lynds fails to request a hearing within this twenty-one (21) day period or fails to appear at a scheduled hearing date, Adam J. Lynds shall be deemed to have consented to the issuance of an order of prohibition in accordance with this Notice of Order, pursuant to M.G.L. c. 255F, section 11(d).
- The hearing shall be fixed for a date not more than thirty (30) days after the date of service upon the Commissioner of the request for hearing and will be conducted according to Massachusetts General Laws, chapter 30A, sections 10 and 11, and the Standard Adjudicatory Rules of Practice and Procedure, 801 CMR 1.01 and 1.03.
By order and direction of the Commissioner of Banks
Dated at Boston, Massachusetts, this 10th day of April, 2019.
Cynthia A. Begin
Chief Risk Officer