|Organization:||Division of Banks|
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Commissioner of Banks
Mortgage Loan Originator Licensing
In the Matter of Adam J. Lynds
Former License No. MLO 237657
Order of Prohibition
The Commissioner of Banks (Commissioner) hereby issues this Order of Prohibition under M.G.L. c. 255F, section 11(d)(iii):
- On April 10, 2019 the Division of Banks (Division) issued a Notice of Intention to Issue an Order of Prohibition, Docket No. 2019-0002 (Notice) against ADAM J. LYNDS (Lynds).
- The allegations laid out in the Notice are incorporated into this Order of Prohibition by reference. The Notice is attached as Exhibit A.
- The Notice provided Lynds twenty-one (21) days to file an Answer or otherwise respond, in writing, to the Allegations contained in the Notice.
- The Notice further states that: “If Adam J. Lynds fails to request a hearing within this twenty-one (21) day period or fails to appear at a scheduled hearing date, Adam J. Lynds shall be deemed to have consented to the issuance of an order of prohibition in accordance with this Notice of Order, pursuant to M.G.L. c. 255F, section 11(d).”
- As of May 2, 2019, the twenty-one day period has expired and the Division has not received a written Answer or request for hearing from Lynds or his representative.
- Therefore, Adam J. Lynds, having duly consented to the issuance of an order of prohibition, is prohibited from acting, in any manner, as a mortgage loan originator under the jurisdiction of the Division, and is prohibited from being employed by, as an agent of, or operating on behalf of a mortgage loan originator or any other business which requires a license from the Commissioner, on a permanent basis.
Dated at Boston, Massachusetts, this 6th day of May, 2019.
By Merrily S. Gerrish
Acting Commissioner of Banks