On April 28, Governor Baker announced the formation of the Reopening Advisory Board, which will be Co-Chaired by Lt. Governor Karyn Polito and Housing and Economic Development Secretary Mike Kennealy. The Board includes representatives from the business community, public health officials, and municipal leaders from across the Commonwealth. This group is charged with advising the administration on strategies to reopen the economy in phases based on health and safety metrics.
The Board will meet with key stakeholders and solicit input from a variety of constituencies over the next three weeks to develop a report by May 18th that will include:
- The different phases that the state will follow as we recover from the public health crisis
- What activities and industries are safe to resume in each phase
- The public health metrics that would indicate it is safe to move from one phase to the next
- General business guidance about social distancing, personal protection, and cleaning protocols that all businesses will need to follow upon reopening
- Industry specific guidance and detailed protocols for how to reopen safely
This report is due on the 18th, but the administration has made clear that public health data and guidance from health care experts will dictate the timeline of the re-opening process.