- This page, DPH Social Media Comment Policy, is offered by
- Department of Public Health
Policy Statement DPH Social Media Comment Policy
Contact for DPH Social Media Comment Policy
Department of Public Health
Table of Contents
DPH Social Media Comment Policy
Welcome to the Department of Public Health (DPH) online community. We promote wellness and health equity for all people in the Commonwealth. Posted comments and images do not necessarily represent the views of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
While we encourage a lively dialogue, we expect all comments will be respectful and polite. Therefore, a comment will be deleted if it contains:
- Hate speech
- Profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity
- Nudity, including in profile pictures
- Defamation to a person or people
- Name calling and/or personal attacks
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product
- Comments that infringe on copyrights
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile
- Other comments that the DPH Social Media team deems inappropriate
All links posted as comments on DPH posts will be reviewed and may be deleted. Repeated violations of the DPH comment policy may cause the author to be blocked from DPH’s social media profiles.
We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. We may not see every inappropriate comment right away, but will address them as quickly as possible.
To review the full social media policy governing all departments of the Executive Office of Health and Human Services, visit the Mass.gov® Social Media Policy.