- This page, So-Vent Plumbing Systems , is offered by
- Board of State Examiners of Plumbers and Gas Fitters
- Division of Occupational Licensure
Policy Statement So-Vent Plumbing Systems
Table of Contents
So-Vent Plumbing Systems
SO-VENT PLUMBING SYSTEMS
The Board of State Examiners of Plumbers and Gas Fitters ("Board ") voted today to adopt the following policy guidelines. These policy guidelines are intended to streamline the process by which the Board reviews and approves So-vent Plumbing Systems installed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
To expedite the approval of so-vent plumbing systems while maintaining the highest standards for consumer safety.
At its regularly scheduled Board meeting on October 29, 2007, the Board of State Examiners of Plumbers and Gas Fitters voted to adopt the following policy and to delegate its authority as follows:
- A Massachusetts licensed professional engineer is, per 248 CMR, responsible for the design of the so-vent plumbing system.
- As part of the design process, the Massachusetts licensed professional engineer shall be responsible for assuring that the piping installation, including pipe sizing, dimension, and other aspects, meet the requirements for proper functioning as designed.
The Local or State plumbing Inspector shall be responsible for all other aspects of the installation, as required by 248 CMR but is under no obligation to approve or otherwise involve themselves in the design process or ensuring the System meets the design specifications.