This is an unofficial version of Commonwealth regulations and is posted here for the convenience of the public. It is not an official statement of the regulations.
Regulation 930 CMR 4.00: Statements of Financial Interests: Inspections
Table of Contents
4.01: Public Inspection Request and Notification Procedures
(1) 930 CMR 4.00 is intended to implement the public inspection request and notification requirements contained in M.G.L. c. 268B, § 3(d).
(2) For the purposes of 930 CMR 4.00:
(a) statement means any statement of financial interests filed with the Commission pursuant to M.G.L. c. 268B, § 5;
(b) filer means any reporting person as defined in M.G.L. c. 268B, § 1(r);
(c) requester means any person who seeks to inspect or retain a copy of a statement submitted by a filer;
(d) Commission means the State Ethics Commission, acting through its members or employees.
(3) A requester shall submit to the Commission a statement inspection request form containing:
(a) the name of the filer;
(b) the statement year(s) to be inspected;
(c) the name and address of the requester;
(d) the person or organization, if any, on whose behalf the request is being made;
(e) the signature of the requester; and
(f) the date of the request.
(4) If the request is made in person at the Commission's office, the requester shall provide sufficient documentation identifying the requester. Sufficient documentation constitutes a driver's license, registry of motor vehicles identification card, student identification, social security card or passport. Following the Commission's determination that the document is sufficient and the statement inspection request form is complete, the Commission shall provide to the requester the statement for review. Any requester who wishes to retain a copy of a statement shall receive a copy following submission to the Commission of a payment sufficient to cover the reasonable copying costs, as determined by the Commission.
(5) If the request is received from a requester by mail, rather than in person, and the requester requests the Commission to forward by mail a copy of the statement, the request must be accompanied by:
(a) a completed statement inspection request form;
(b) a copy of documentation of identification containing the signature of the requester;
(c) a bank check sufficient to cover the reasonable copying and mailing costs, as determined by the Commission. Upon determination of the completeness and sufficiency of the request, the Commission shall submit to the requester by mail a copy of the requested statement or statements.