The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) annual report summarizes activities, results of investigations, reviews and other projects completed in 2018.
- This page, Office of the Inspector General Annual Report 2018, is offered by
- Office of the Inspector General
Report Office of the Inspector General Annual Report 2018
|Organization:||Office of the Inspector General|
|Date published:||April 30, 2019|
In 2018, the Office:
- Conducted investigations and reviews in such areas as health and human services, pensions, public administration, public procurement and transportation.
- Investigated numerous criminal and civil matters that led to convictions, indictments, settlements, restitution and corrective measures.
- Collaborated with state agencies to improve their business processes and internal controls.
- Launched a five-year strategic plan.
- Created two fellowships.
- Established the Division of State Police Oversight and the Civil Recovery Unit within the Office.
- Received and responded to 1,422 complaints.
- Handled 1,350 Chapter 30B inquiries and questions.
- Provided public procurement training to approximately 2,100 participants.
Table of Contents
Open PDF file, 1.16 MB, OIG 2018 Annual Report (English, PDF 1.16 MB)
Main Office (617) 727-9140
Open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., M-F
Fraud, Waste and Abuse Hotline (800) 322-1323
MassDOT Fraud Hotline (855) 963-2580
Chapter 30B Assistance Hotline (617) 722-8838
Media Inquiries 617-722-8894
We welcome non-English speakers to contact us. Confidential translation services are available in most languages. Let us know which language you will need when first contacting us.
Main Office MA-IGO-General-Mail@mass.gov
Fraud, Waste and Abuse Hotline IGO-FightFraud@mass.gov
MassDOT Fraud Hotline MassDOTFraudHotline@mass.gov
Chapter 30B Assistance Hotline 30BHotline@mass.gov
Training/MCPPO Inquiries MA-IGO-Training@mass.gov
Employment Inquiries IGO-Employment@mass.gov
One Ashburton Place
Boston, MA 02108
Boston, MA 02108