The Berkshire County District Attorney’s Office is committed to ensuring that our vulnerable populations have access and support to comply with treatment plans, reduce the negative consequences of substance use disorder and resolve their criminal charges with intervention rather than incarceration. The Alternative Court/Disposition ADA is responsible for overseeing those efforts, including representing the Commonwealth in all Drug Court cases and diversion and alternative dispositions in the District Court.
- Represent the Commonwealth in all proceedings before the Berkshire County Drug Court and serve as a member of the Berkshire Drug Court team. Responsible for identifying and screening cases for Drug Court.
- Administer all diversion programming in the District Court, including drug diversion, mental health interventions and veterans’ diversion programing.
- Develop and implement harm reduction strategies for both pre-trial monitoring and dispositions.
- Serve as liaison to community partners, including treatment providers, law enforcement and community-based organizations.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring consistency and equity in specialty court admissions and alternative dispositions.
- Represent Commonwealth in all matters where the defendant is a victim of human trafficking.
All positions require the candidate to:
- Fulfill the mandatory education and training requirements of the State Ethics Commission
- Become familiar with and to follow the provisions of the Office Personnel Policies, particularly with regard to confidentiality, sexual harassment, drug-free workplace and the usage of information technology resources
- Participate in trainings relevant to Office functions
- Interact in a respectful and professional manner with the public, judicial and law enforcement personnel and office staff
- Complete work assignments in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
Send cover letter, resume and references to Dina Guiel. Email: Dina.GuielLampiasi@state.ma.us
Berkshire District Attorney’s Office is an EEO Employer with a firm commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring practices.