The Act provides for the gathering, compiling, and reporting of data by DHCD to provide current, accurate, and detailed information on:
- Residents of assisted housing units
- Recipients of state or federal assistance in the Commonwealth
DHCD also will evaluate the data as part of its efforts to affirmatively further fair housing. DHCD will analyze the data to ensure that housing choice, equitable housing opportunities, and inclusive patterns of housing are available across the Commonwealth.
DHCD will annually report to the state legislature on its data collection efforts and results by December 31st, and may provide reports to other interested parties in a manner consistent with all applicable privacy laws.
To streamline reporting and enable DHCD to compile and analyze data more efficiently and effectively, LHAs must now report by uploading spreadsheets through the DHCD-LHA Housing Applications portal.
- User Guide and Directive on Data Collection and Reporting for State-Aided Public Housing (2019)
- User Guide and Directive on Data Collection and Reporting for State Rental Assistance (2019)
- Resident Notice and Consent Form for State-Aided Public Housing and Rental Assistance (DHCD) Note: this form is available in other languages for informational purposes.
- Data Collection Spreadsheet for State-Aided Public Housing (2019)
- Data Collection Spreadsheet for State Project-Based Rental Assistance (2019)
- Data Collection Spreadsheet for State Mobile Rental Assistance (2019)
- Sample Completed Data Collection Spreadsheet (2019)