To access the Virtual Gateway, the organization you work for must be registered with the Virtual Gateway. Once your organization is registered, individual user accounts may be requested.
Ready to register your organization to become part of the Virtual Gateway? Just follow the steps below and we will get you set up and ready to go.
Register a New Virtual Gateway Organization
New organizations, who are not previously registered with the Virtual Gateway, and looking to doing business with the Virtual Gateway need to submit their organization information using the online Virtual Gateway Organization Management webpage. This information must be completed and submitted online by an Authorized Representative for your organization. An Authorized Representative is an individual who has the legal authority to sign on behalf of your organization, as evidenced by your organization's charter or bylaws.
The Authorized Representative must designate an individual(s) to be their VG Access Administrator(s). He or she is responsible for approving, modifying, and/or removing user access privileges for any of the VG's business services used by your organization.
The following information is required to Register a New Virtual Gateway Organization:
- Organization Legal Name
- Doing Business As, as applicable
- Organization FEIN or Tax ID
- Organization Legal Address
- Virtual Gateway Application(s) that your organization will be using once registered (e.g., Enterprise Invoice Management/Enterprise Service Management (EIM/ESM), Home Community Service Information System (HCSIS), Background Check System (BCS), Vitals’ Partnership (VIP), Healthcare Facility Reporting System (HCFRS), Children’s Behavioral Health Initiative (CBHI/CANS), etc …)
- Names of Designated Access Administrator (AA) (Minimum 1; Maximum 5)
- Name, Email Address and Telephone Number of Authorized Representative
Add/Update Existing Virtual Gateway Access Administrators
To add or update an Existing Virtual Gateway Access Administrator, organizations need to submit their information using the online Virtual Gateway Organization Management webpage. This information must be completed and submitted online by an Authorized Representative for your organization. An Authorized Representative is an individual who has the legal authority to sign on behalf of your organization, as evidenced by your organization's charter or bylaws.
If you need to add or remove Access Administrators (AA) for your organization, the following information is required:
- Virtual Gateway Organization ID
- Virtual Gateway Organization Legal Name
- FEIN or Tax ID#
Important: Email updates for an Organization’s legal name, address or merger to VirtualGatewayHelpDeskFaxes@mass.gov.
Obtain a Virtual Gateway User Account
Steps to obtain a Virtual Gateway User Account
- Call Virtual Gateway Customer Service
The representative who answers the phone will tell you whether the organization you work for is already registered and, if it is, which Virtual Gateway service(s) your organization uses.
If your organization is new to the Virtual Gateway, the service agent will provide you with information about how to register. Please note that permission from EOHHS is required to gain access to some services.
If your organization is already registered with the Virtual Gateway, the service agent will give you the name and e-mail address of your organization's Virtual Gateway Access Administrator.
- Your Access Administrator can work with your supervisor or manager to request a Virtual Gateway account on your behalf.
- User names and passwords, along with any other documents users may need to complete and sign, are emailed to users by Customer Service.
User Request Form
The User Request Form for Virtual Gateway access is used to add, modify, or delete individual user account information for Virtual Gateway business services. Your Access Administrator must complete the User Request Form to request user accounts for anyone within your organization who requires access to a Virtual Gateway service.