CAMIS maintains records of corrective and preventive maintenance work tasks associated to facility properties and equipment. It is a useful tool to optimize the condition of facility assets and maximize their life expectancy.
By integrating land and building data in one place, CAMIS provides a powerful tool to better manage both. Key functions of the system include:
- Improving how we manage real estate owned by the Commonwealth, and leasing of space for state agencies
- Maintaining the inventory of land and buildings owned or leased by the Commonwealth
- Full integration with our in-house Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to allow mapping and geospatial analysis.
- Supporting state facility managers in planning, operation, and maintenance of buildings to help them run better and last longer
Key advantages to using CAMIS for Operations and Maintenance
- Occupants of the facility report problems and can then enter service requests which go to the facility staff
- Preventive maintenance work tasks generate on a scheduled basis with detailed equipment procedures helping to eliminate downtime - these PM tasks are efficiently distributed to the right team and tracked through completion
- Email notifications are used to automate communication and assignment of tasks
- The maintenance and repair history of key building systems is easily accessed by the facilities team. • Reports can be accessed or generated to track performance for corrective or preventive maintenance by building, campus, agency, or region
- CAMIS includes an integrated system to request and track deferred maintenance funding from DCAMM
- Access is for user agencies only
- Access is web based so you can connect from any computer or device with an Internet connection
- CAMIS is available online 24/7
- All you need is the right browser and a password
- Access to the system is role-based – users see only what they need to see to get the job done
- Job Aides for users are stored in the system under the Document Manager line
User Agencies can get help with the CAMIS system by emailing the CAMIS Helpdesk.