More about:

Cancel your boat registration

Here's how to cancel your boat registration.

What to do

To cancel your boat registration:

  • Complete a Motorboat, Snowmobile & OHV Registration Status Change form, which you can download below. 
  • You can mail or fax this form to any of our 5 registration offices.
  • Please note that you must notify the Massachusetts Environmental Police within 15 days of selling your boat. 
  • If your boat has a lien attached to its title, you must also submit a lien release from the lien holder before we can cancel your registration.

Additional Resources for What to do


Did you find the information you were looking for on this page? * required
We use your feedback to help us improve this site but we are not able to respond directly. Please do not include personal or contact information. If you need a response, please locate contact information elsewhere on this page or in the footer.
Tell us what you think