Updated: February 5, 2021
Schedule for estimated tax payments
All corporations that reasonably estimate their corporate excise to be in excess of $1,000 for the taxable year are required to make estimated tax payments to Massachusetts.
Estimated taxes must either be:
- Paid in full on or before the 15th day of the third month of the corporation's taxable year or
- Paid in four installments according to the schedule below.
Corporate estimated tax installments are due as follows:
|Installment||% of Estimated Tax Due||Due Date from Start of Taxable Year|
|1st||40%||15th day of 3rd month|
|2nd||25%||15th day of 6th month|
|3rd||25%||15th day of 9th month|
|4th||10%||15th day of 12th month|
Note: New corporations in their first full taxable year with less than 10 employees have different estimated payment percentages: 30%, 25%, 25% and 20%.
Corporations not required to pay electronically may use a printable:
- Form 355-ES, 2021 Corporate Estimated Tax Payment Vouchers, Instructions and Worksheets
- Form 63FI-ES, 2021 Financial Institution Corporate Estimated Tax Payment Vouchers, Instructions and Worksheets
Form UBI-ES, 2021 Estimated Tax Payment Voucher for filers of Forms 3M, M-990T and M-990T-62
- Form 121A-ES, 2021 Urban Redevelopment Corporation Estimated Excise Payment Voucher (For informational purposes only. See TIR 16-9).