Updated: March 10, 2023
Schedule for estimated tax payments
All corporations that reasonably estimate their corporate excise to be in excess of $1,000 for the taxable year are required to make estimated tax payments to Massachusetts.
Estimated taxes must either be:
- Paid in full on or before the 15th day of the third month of the corporation's taxable year or
- Paid in four installments according to the schedule below.
Corporate estimated tax installments are due as follows:
- First installment: 40% of estimated tax is due on or before March 15th.
- Second installment: 25% of estimated tax is due on or before June 15th.
- Third installment: 25% of estimated tax is due on or before September 15th.
- Fourth installment: 10% of estimated tax is due on or before December 15th.
Note: New corporations in their first full taxable year with less than 10 employees have different estimated payment percentages: 30%, 25%, 25% and 20%.
Form 355-ES, 2023 Corporate Estimated Tax Payment Instructions and Worksheet
Form 355-ES must be filed electronically through MassTaxConnect.
See Technical Information Release 21-9 for more information.
Go to the MassTaxConnect video tutorial, How to Make an Estimated Payment
Form UBI-ES, 2023 Non-Profit Entities Corporation Estimated Tax Payment Vouchers and Instructions