MET was established as a state trust by the Legislature in Chapter 236, Section 7 of the Acts of 1988 to support the waters and water-related resources of the Commonwealth. The Trust is governed by a Board of trustees appointed by the Secretary for Energy and Environmental Affairs. Grant awards are made subject to 815 CMR 2.00.
Board of Trustees
- R.J. Lyman, Chairman
- Member, Mintz Levin
- Senior Advisor, ML Strategies
- Arleen O'Donnell Vice President Eastern Research Group, Inc.
- Dicken Crane (Windsor, MA)
- President, Dicken Crane Logging
- President and Manager, Holiday Farm, Inc.
- John P. DeVillars (Boston, MA)
- Senior Vice President, National Sales Organization TRC Companies, Inc.
- Nathan L’Etoile
- New England Director American Farmland Trust
- Robert O’Leary (retired Senator)
- Professor, Massachusetts Maritime Academy
- Jeffrey R. Porter, Esq. (Boston, MA)
- Environmental Law Practice Group Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.
- Pamela P. Resor (Acton)
- Retired-Massachusetts State Senator
- Chair of the Committee on the Environmental, Natural Resources and Agriculture