Inquiries related to HIPAA

Learn who to contact for questions or complaints.

Questions or complaints relating to HIPAA should be directed to the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services (HHS), Office of Civil Rights (OCR).

The federal policies for HIPAA can be found on their website:

New England Region - Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Office for Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Government Center
J.F. Kennedy Federal Building - Room 1875
Boston, MA 02203

Customer Response Center: (800) 368-1019
Fax: (202) 619-3818
TDD: (800) 537-7697