Learn to fish with MassWildlife this summer!
Have you been fishing a few times in the past but need a little more information and practice to feel confident on the water? Join one of MassWildlife’s free learn to fish classes this summer! All classes include an online video tutorial for you to watch on your own time, followed by an in-person event to practice. Come try your hand at this great pastime—you're guaranteed to catch some fun!
To get the most out of the in-person class, participants are encouraged to watch MassWildlife's online video tutorial prior to attending the class. You will receive a link to the video with your confirmation email when you register. The instructional video covers fishing gear, where to fish, regulations, casting techniques, species specific fishing tips and much more! The in-person class will teach you how to use bait, how to set up a line, and how to cast. There will be plenty of time to fish and ask questions. Space is limited, register below to save your spot.
MassWildlife's Angler Education Summer Program Offerings:
Adults and families are welcome to join these free classes, but pre-registration is required. Any participants ages 15 and younger must be accompanied by an adult. Register by clicking the link next to the class you want to join.
- Andover: Wednesday, June 30, 5–7 p.m. at Harold Parker *THIS CLASS IS FULL*
- Pittsfield: Tuesday, July 20, 5–7 p.m., at Lake Pontoosuc Register for this class.
- Andover: Friday, July 23, 5–7 p.m. at Harold Parker *THIS CLASS IS FULL*
- Carver: Wednesday, July 28, 5–7 p.m., at Myles Standish *THIS CLASS IS FULL*
- Westfield: Thursday, July 29, 4–6 p.m. at Hampton Ponds Register for this class.
MassWildlife's Becoming an Outdoors Woman Program Offerings:
These special fishing clinics are designed for adult women aged 15 and older. Classes are free, but pre-registration is required. Register by clicking the link next to the class you want to join.
- Pittsfield: Thursday, July 1, 5–7 p.m. at Lake Onota Register for this class.
- Springfield: Tuesday, July 13, 5–7 p.m. at Lake Lorraine Register for this class.
- Leominster: Wednesday, July 21, 5–7 p.m. at Barrett Park Register for this class.
A fishing license is not required for participating in these educational classes. To continue fishing after your class, click here to purchase your license.