OTA developed this Map of Massachusetts Toxics Users and Climate Vulnerability Factors. Follow the URL to use the map online or do a quick address search below.
Data Used in the Map of Toxics Users and Climate Vulnerability Factors
- Tier II Facilities (Source: U.S. EPA)
- These store large quantities of chemicals.
- Massachusetts "BWP" Facilities (Source: MassDEP)
- Flood Zones (Source: FEMA and MassGIS)
- Hurricane Surge Inundation Zones (Source: MassGIS)
- Freight Railways (Source: MassGIS)
- Wastewater Treatment Plants (Source: MassDEP and U.S EPA)
- Power Plants
- Underground Storage Tanks (Source: MassDEP and MassGIS)
- Dams (Source: Massachusetts Office of Dam Safety and MassGIS)
- Environmental Justice Populations (2010 U.S. Census and MassGIS)
- Administrative Boundaries (Source: MassGIS)
- Regional Planning Agencies
- Massachusetts State Senate Districts
- Massachusetts State House of Representative Districts
- Other Information (Source: MassGIS)
- Land Use
- Ground Water Protection Areas
- Surface Water Protection Areas
- BioMap2 with Core Habitat and Critical Natural Landscape
General Instructions for Using the Map
- Type in an address into the search bar on the top right of the map.
- Click on the "Layers" drop down menu to change the displayed information.
- For assistance using this map, contact OTA.
Using the House and Senate District Information
- Deselect "Municipalities" in the "Layers" drop down menu.
- Select either "State Senate Districts" OR "State House of Representative Districts"
- Select other data in the map to fit your needs (MassDEP Major Facilities, for example)
- To view labels corresponding to the House or Senate District, click on the map within the borders of a district.
- For assistance, contact OTA.
More Tools to Assess the Presence of Toxics by Region
Related Mapping Tools
- Climate Change Clearinghouse for the Commonwealth (resilientMA)
- U.S. EPA's Climate Change: Resilience and Adaptation in New England (RAINE)
- FEMA Flood Map Service Center: Search By Address
- Massachusetts DPH Bureau of Environmental Health Climate Vulnerability Map
- Massachusetts Audubon Mapping and Prioritizing Parcels for Resilience (MAPPR) Tool
- Massachusetts DEP Wetland and Wetland Change Areas Map