Order the audio of a Superior Court proceeding

Find out how to order the audio of a Superior Court proceeding depending on how old the case is.

Newer cases

For newer Superior Court cases, you should request a FTR (For The Record) recording. FTR (For The Record) audio recordings are accessible online for $10 or playable by duplicate CD for $50.50.

If you would like to listen to a court proceeding recorded by the FTR (For The Record) system, please use this link to access their audio streaming service: https://us.court.fm.

First-time users will need to create an account, provide credit card information, and pay $10 to access the audio recording online from your personal computer, smartphone, or tablet. The audio recording will be accessible online for 1 year.

If you would like a duplicate CD to play on your personal computer, you will need to present a check payable to the "Commonwealth of Massachusetts" for $50.50 to the clerk of courts, clerk magistrate, or register where your proceeding was held.

Older cases

For older Superior Court electronically recorded proceedings, you must file a motion with the court to request a duplicate audio recording. If the court allows the motion, the clerk who has the original audio recordings will provide you with a compact disc copy. 

Review Superior Court Standing Order 2-87: Electronic Recordation of Proceedings for applicable and instructive sections regarding the control of the recorders and original recordings by the Clerk/Magistrate, requesting copies of recordings, and its cost.