The State Organization Index provides an alphabetical listing of government organizations, including commissions, departments, and bureaus.
Top-requested sites to log in to services provided by the state
Comprehensive Refugee Employment Services (CRES)
CRES encompasses a wide range of job services to refugees, along with supportive English language training. Services include:
• Orientation to the American Workplace
• English Literacy instruction for non-literate or low literacy level refugees
• Teaching soft and hard skills with the goal of helping refugees obtain and retain a job;
• job development;
• employment readiness, search and job placement;
• 90-day post-employment follow-up;
• Career laddering opportunities and job upgrades; and
• Assistance accessing higher education.Targeted Assistance Grant (TAG/F)
The Targeted Assistance Grant/Formula (TAG/F) program offers employment services to refugees residing in Suffolk, Middlesex, Worcester and Hampden Counties. The purpose of the Targeted Assistance Program is to provide, through a process of local planning and implementation, direct services intended to result in the economic self-sufficiency and reduced welfare dependency through the attainment of employment in less than one year of TAG/F services. In addition to basic job readiness, job placement services and employment-oriented English language instruction as needed, TAG/F provides an ample portfolio of vocational skills training and on-the-job training options with Vocational English Language Training (VELT). Refugees enrolled in TAG/F are allowed to access trainings oriented to find jobs in the Food Service and Hospitality industries learn Customer Service and Computer skills, attend and get certifications for Certified Nurse Assistance (CNA) and/or Home Health Aid (HHA), complete a Medical Interpreters course or attend a sewing training provided in partnerships with employers in the field.
For ORR TAG/F Regulations, go to: www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/orr/resource/wilson-fish-alternative-program-guidelines-for-fiscal-year-2015-2016