The Appeals Court maintains a listserv that sends updates to registered e-mail addresses with general news affecting the Appeals Court. To register for the Appeals Court's listserv, send an email to MassAppealsCourt-Join@jud.state.ma.us.
By registering, you will receive:
- The Review. The Review is a quarterly newsletter that serves to connect the Appeals Court with the Appellate Bar by communicating important events and news related to policy, practice and procedure in the Appeals Court.
- Oral argument schedules. The Appeals Court sends a listserv announcement each time it releases monthly oral argument schedules and highlights any sitting scheduled outside of John Adams Courthouse as a part of the Appeals Court's continuing outreach program.
- Amicus announcements. The Appeals Court periodically invites amicus ("friend of the court") briefs from parties not directly involved in a case, but that may have an interest or opinion about a case pending before the court.
- Rules changes. Amendments and proposals to amend rules of procedure, court rules, or standing orders applicable to practice in the Appeals Court.
- Pilot programs. Information about new programs or initiatives designed to improve court practices or procedures.
- Court closures. Notification of court closures due to inclement weather.