Reporting employer fraud

If you believe a business is committing fraud, you can report the business to the Council on the Underground Economy.

Employer fraud comes in many forms. Some of the fraud practices include paying workers "under-the-table" in cash or declaring employees "independent contractors" to avoid taxes, workers' compensation, unemployment insurance, and operating without permits or licenses.

You can help stop these activities by reporting businesses that may be committing one of the above-listed acts of fraud to the Council on the Underground Economy by calling 1-877-96-LABOR (1-877-965-2267).